Tips for Working from Home
We know that in this particular time, a lot of questions are arising on how to organize family life. So we’ve consulted with management professionals and gathered some tips to help optimise time at home.
First off, acknowledge that you need to reorganize. Start by:
1. Bringing everyone to the table (partners, children,grandparents) to formulate a plan.
2. Identifying each person’s needs, talents and opportunities.
3. Empowering everyone: motivate and engage everyone with tasks and rewards.
When it comes to our individual behavior, look out for the following tendencies that can overcome us, especially when we’re all trying to adapt our time-organization to the situation of the confinement.
4. Trying not to take on too much and overload yourself with tasks and responsibilities.
5. Looking for opportunities to delegate more. Children like to pitch in, let them take on some of the lighter chores.
6. Channeling your survival instincts; trust your inner voice rather than be influenced by ambient negativity and “noise”.
7. Being open to pursuing new challenges and interests. Now’s the time!
8. Recognising that you also need time for yourself.
If you don’t take care of yourself and take time to rest, get some exercise or simply enjoy some “me-time”, your ability to manage family life will be diminished, and your loved ones will feel the consequences.
9. Humans are social beings, and we thrive on touch and physical contact.
Although it is imperative to practice social isolation and distancing exactly as recommended by your local health authorities, we can compensate by showing physical affection to the loved ones we re confined with: Hugs, cuddles, kisses and good back rub are all essential to staying emotionally well-balanced now.
Connect with our team of experts
We provide advice and support for you on your parenthood journey.